Friday, May 21, 2010

I Think.... These Are the Only Cars... Under Eighteen Large!


CNN published an article- the Coolest Cars Under $18,000....

But I honestly think- these are just about the only cars priced under $18,000... A few Hondas- a Hyundai... Now a Kia... Most of which are hatchbacks or wagons.

(Remember when hatchbacks and wagons were just about the un-coolest things on four wheels?- What a difference a decade makes...)

I mean, there aren't a lot of cars for this kind of money- $18,000? I think the real question of "cool" should be posed around $25,000- where a lot of mid-sized cars come-in.

Little cars are easy to be cool, their size, their audience maybe even their color hint their hep nature.

Try painting "cool" on a four-door midsized sedan. Then, I think, you'd have an article.

Now I have an article... and I can't think of one cool mid-size in the $25,000 range...

The real writing begins with a "cool car" that you need, and not one that you want... Or think you'd look cool in because its small and a funky color that will get you arrested, or at least pulled-over.

When you can sell the sizzle on bread and butter... Then you'd have "cool car," most everyone can appreciate... either that... or.... grilled cheese...

I mean- how many times besides grilled cheese does bread and butter sizzle? Not many.

No comments:

Post a Comment