Friday, April 16, 2010

Welcome to The Car Guy Gets It... My Blog!


Okay, you're thinking... Another blog. I mean, aren't there enough of these already? Everyone and their cat has one these days- and like any and everything else- some are good... Most others are not. Well, to be honest- I can't make any guarantees. Sure, would I like this to be as prolific and profitable as the next Huffington Post? Sure, why not? (I'd also like to win the lottery too.)

But, as a good friend once told me "luck is where preparation meets opportunity" and if blogging is preparation enough- I'd like the opportunity to serve you. Entertain you. Enlighten you. I appreciate your time, your readership and your comments well in advance.

So, who am I? Well, many things to a few, a whole lot of nothing to a lot. But seriously- I'm Randy or you can refer to me as the "The Car Guy Who Gets It."

What to expect from this blog- well, it won't all be about cars. Yes, there is more to life than cars believe it or not- but, as a car guy- it may from time to time get car-centric or car concentrated, after all, it's a passion of mine, one of many. I also like to think I've seen and done enough in life to maybe give another perspective on things. Cars included too, of course.

And why should you listen to me about cars? I mean, there are hundreds, if not thousands of viable news portals, blogs and websites already dedicated to cars of all kinds. There are dozens of first-class sites of which I and many others get a myriad of information. Rather than reiterate everything from another source- I hope to bring an affable, most-times humorous and sometimes prolific, distinct and succinct approach to cars and other things that interest me- and give credit to others where it's due.

But back to who I am. I'm a fairly young, financial professional, who holds an MBA. I've worked on and off Wall Street in the securities servicing sector, I've served brief stints in the insurance industry and I've also worked in the car business in a variety of different capacities. I'm also a writer (tah-daaaahhh!)- having been published in magazines, newsletters and even a few blogs too. But that's all over now- this is my blog now... (think like Al Pacino declared in the Devil's Advocate "this is my time now...")

If this blog gets popular and takes off- maybe I'll even develop a website? (As if there aren't enough of these too, right?)

I'm affable, a little too serious at times, genuinely kind and I like to help others. My passions besides cars include horology, photography, trading and investments, personal fitness, running, (yes) writing, driving to far-off destinations... Eating, drinking, watching movies on my Sony Bravia, falling asleep, staying warm and everything in between.

However, all things equal- I assure you- you've never met a guy who knows more about cars, car culture and the life car guys lead; none more than me. I promise, I know what I'm talking about. I get it. I'm "The Car Guy Who Gets It..."

Topics of discussion can include anything- send me an e-mail- try me. Thanks for reading and thanks for following. Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment