Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Of Christinas, Christines & Full-Bodied Reds...

Okay- week one of the said blog- and you're wondering- what gives? Where's the car dish? I mean; so far, there's been like two posts on shoes alone- so- what gives? Is The Car Guy Gets It gay?

(No, he's not gay...)

But for the sake of diversity let's talk girls for a minute- see, you get everything here at The Car Guy Gets It. I get women too you know. I was so delighted to read the news today and learn that Christina Hendricks was voted Esquire Magazines' Best-Looking Woman in America- in a poll that put her ahead from the likes of Megan Fox and Adriana Lima. I like that... It's all over the web too.

Good for her- she seems like a nice person and she married a guy who just looking at him makes me feel like a Calvin Klein underwear model- (thank you Christina for that...)

I first spotted Christina playing that hard-bitch office manager she does so well in AMC's Mad Men- my favorite show- and arguably one of the best television series of all time.

She plays Joan Harris- the head secretary/office manager who's as shrewd as she is curvy. She plays the bitch- a bitch that isn't below sleeping with her boss, but, honorably she stops when she gets engaged... This was 1961, if it were set in modern-day America- she'd be screwing her boss till the first baby came- I mean, times are bad. Job security you know...

When I first saw her on Mad Men- I didn't know if it was the makeup or the costumes- but I was dumbfounded that they cast such a, um, curvaceous actress; then again- Mad Men takes place in the days of Marilyn Monroe and Sophia Loren- both, how do I put this- "full-bodied" women.

To say this girl's got it "go'n like a Turbo-Vette" would do even 2 Live Crew proud.

A little personal information, maybe too personal- Christina is not my cut-of-chicken per se; but I've been with women like her (similar to her in build) and let me tell you- that's a lot of woman and not typically the type that wins mainstream contests. Rather, she's the kinda girl they used to paint the noses of B-17's during WWII and name them "Boom Boom Bombs" or something like that... Shit of a different era, I'll say that.

Alright enough of this- lets congratulate her- and what does this have to do with cars? Um, not much... but if you insist...
I don't know- she reminds me of Christine, minus the "a". Stephen King's Christine. You know you're a car guy when you can draw this similarity... Hell, they're both red...

And I've heard (a little genetic science here...) in another 50 years- they're not going to be making redheads anymore... Just like they don't make Plymouths like Christine.

To quote a line in Christine... "I like that shade of red Arnie, they still make that?... I didn't know they made that shade of red anymore..."

Chrysler called it Torredor Red in 1958. Okay- I'm done for now. I'll just say this one last thing- I'm glad she beat Megan Fox- I didn't like her thumbs anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment