Saturday, October 9, 2010

I'm Not Surprised... Almost a Third of All Cars Sold.


I'm getting really sick of reading about auto recalls- there have been dozens of major recalls spanning the automotive globe- from cheap, to expensive, to exclusive- chances are- it's been recalled in 2010.

A few million, a couple hundred thousand... a couple hundred- any amount- it makes news these days.

But not to sound the pundit, or the "hater" I'm just not surprised Tesla Motors, the exclusive Silicon Valley maker of all-electric roadsters recalls 439 Roadsters, about 34% of all the cars it has ever sold.

I know, I know, it's a new technology, their a small company, yeah, yeah; but as you know- I'm not firm supporter of all-electric cars.

My days of playing with electric R/C toy and hobby cars have forever turned me off to the technology- I mean, something you have to charge like a cordless phone? Please. Like hybrid cars, its an "intermediate technology" at best. It's not progress.

But what's most amusing- is- according to the Associated Press:

"The automaker plans to introduce its next-generation electric sedan, the Model S, by 2012, and is working with Toyota Motor Corp. to develop an electric version of Toyota's RAV4 small crossover vehicle."

They're working with Toyota... of all companies to work on a new electric vehicle. Another company well-aware of the negative effects a recall can have...

But with Toyota- another a recall is just another proverbial pimple on the "asshole of recall progress;" whereas for Tesla- another recall can mean the whole ass of all-electric "progress".

No comments:

Post a Comment