Friday, August 6, 2010

Here I Go Again... For the 10,000,000th Time...

One of my favorite music videos/songs from the 80's goes to Whitesnake... And alas, 9,999,999 also feel the same way on YouTube- having watched Here I Go Again 10 Million Times.

Whether it be a bad break-up from a girlfriend, or just a bad day at the office- it's one of those songs that goes great with a bittersweet triumph, going boldly well... you get the picture.

And as far as cars go, well... I'll say this- never in my life do I wish I were the hood of a Jag XJ6 (or two...)- incidentally- both the white and black Jaguars in the video belonged to David Coverdale, the long-haired front man for Whitesnake.

Incidentally, Tawny Kitaen too belonged to David Coverdale...

One thing I will contest- neither the '87 XJ6 or Tawny have held-up very well to the tests of time- but you have to hand it to those over-engineered, heavy-gauge steel hoods of the old XJs....

Why? Because I don't know any other hood in history that can take a prancing Tawny Kitaen undamaged.

Why so strong? It's British... If it's not put-on extra thick, or overbuilt... It's coming-off...

Tawny Kitaen, eat your heart out.

If you want to see more of Tawny- watch Bachelor Party... If you want to see an old XJ6- check the junk yard... But I dare you to find a collapsed hood... Bonnet, "if you're nasty."

No comments:

Post a Comment